Surrounded

A short post on what is going on…

Yesterday, my doctor and I decided that I needed another surgery to remove a fast growing tumor that is on my left ovary (the only remaining one). I will have another laparotomy to remove it and possible my entire reproductive system. This tumor will hopefully just be another benign serous cystadenoma.

School starts on Monday.

I will be out for at least a month.

. . .

I just wanted to write an update so I can sing praise of the amazing people that surround me as I go through this extremely disappointing, confusing, and trying time in my life. I know that the calls, texts, hugs, and condolences all come from a genuine place, and for that I am truly thankful. This will be my 3rd surgery within less than a 3 year time frame. I would have fallen completely to pieces if it wasn’t for my amazing support system of true friends and family.

Juli

Facebook Comments
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Surrounded

1. Jason Grisham says:

Oh, Juli I don’t even know what to say…. all I can think of sounds so trite. I will pray for your swift recovery. We are here for you however we can be.

Sent from my iPhone

2. Jacque says:

And others would have fallen apart without your love and support….

Hang in there

Those seem to be the words I’m hearing the most lately.

I love you lil sis

3. Amy Madden says:

If there is any way we can lend a hand, just say the word. Hold strong to that place in your heart where your Talitha Koum post came from. That’s powerful stuff.

4. Carla says:

Sorry you are having to go through this. Praying for you.

5. Lisa and Jon says:

As always, praying for you. Love you lots and lots. You mean so much to us . . . I agree with Amy–remember your Talitha Koum.

6. Lee Brossette says:

I wish I had the words to make sense of all that you’re going through. We will be praying for you here in Paducah, TX.

7. May you feel the warm embrace of your family and friends as well as the virtual embrace of the online community that follows you.

8. LisaZ says:

Hi Juli. My husband just Facebook-shared your blog post on “why I’m the band director” today, and he said “this is why I’m the band director, too”. His story isn’t quite the same as yours, but boy could he relate to the sentiment. It was wonderful!

Reading this post and some of your others, my heart goes out to you. You will now have two of us in Minnesota praying for the very best outcome for you and yours. God’s blessings upon you.

9. Bruce in Louisville says:

I’m sure you’ve got the band covered — but if there is some way I can help, just ask. I’ve got vacation; glad to take some to help out.